Monday, October 31, 2011

The White Lion Walks Ahead of Me


The White Lion is my first animal totem.  It appeared to me in 2008 in a dream.  In the dream I was five years old.  I was in a park holding my father's hand.  People were running and screaming running away from the large white lion charging towards us.  My father pulled me up a slide onto a jungle gym, the lion followed us up the slide, and then stopped in front of me and stared into my eyes. 

The White Lion continuously appears in my dreams, and I feel united with his energy.  What my subconscious pulls from the message of the white lion is respect, pride/ego, an air of royalty, comfort and a steady dependable masculine/light/yang energy to create structure and security in my spiritual and external realms.  He is white to represent the purity of his purpose and clarity of intent.   

I constantly remind myself that we are all actually animals.  It is our spirit that determines our species.  The species of human that bind with the energy of the white male lion are being called to honor their ego, because the intent behind their emergence into the physical world originated in innocence.  He wants us to know that we should never second guess ourselves.  We roar with all of our might when necessary to protect ourselves and all extensions of self.  Shake out our manes, hold our heads high and know that our presence alone commands respect.  That we should think, speak and act with respect for ourselves, this way we will always have the respect of others.  Life's lessons will teach us how to garner that respect and also how to lose it, so pay attention.


The female lion appeared to me in a dream last fall.  The walls of my dimly lit bedroom crumbled away to reveal the chaos outside.  A black bear emerging from a swamp wreaking havoc.  The white lioness tackled and subdued him and then came after me.  She climbed onto my bed and stared into my eyes.

Bears are all about power. In this instance black feels like the act of seeking knowledge.  Knowledge alone is nothing, but with wisdom you obtain power.  A swamp... water, mud - murky emotions.  So a bear abusing her power, based on invalid information, as she emerges from a place of dark emotions is brought down by a fierce white lioness. 

Lionesses usually work together.  She was alone to demonstrate just how powerful she is, and planted a seed of the preeminence of the pride when they are together.  She is white to reflect her innocence.  She does not aspire to be bad or good, right or wrong because she is wise enough to understand that one does not exist without the other, she is whole.   She climbed into my bed and stared me in my eyes with big bright green ones.  Eyes that are lit by the heart.  She was in a state of fury, directed at me, because there in my bed, the most vulnerable place I can be, in that small room I lay hiding away from the chaos outside, an illusion created by my murky emotions.  The same emotions she was there to show me how to subdue.  What was there to fear when I share the presence of such a magnificent creature?  Especially when she is never truly alone, the pride is always in close proximity.

Two weeks ago while meditating I could feel the presence of  twin white lionesses at my right and my left.  They are young and playful, but deadly and protective.  Welcome companions among my spiritual entourage.  I believe they want to guide me to female instructors and to explore aspects of the feminine/dark/yin energies.  In day to day life, I've been encountering and learning from more women than usual.  I'm using the stealth and night vision of the lionesses to observe and better understand their presence and the gifts these energies bring to my life. 


Re-posted from http://www.knowledgebase-script.com

The white lion animal is not a distinct subspecies, but a special morph with a genetic condition, leucism, that causes paler colouration akin to that of the white tiger; the condition is similar to melanism, which causes black panthers.  They are not albinos, having normal pigmentation in the eyes and skin.  White Transvaal lion individuals occasionally have been encountered in and around Kruger National Park and the adjacent Timbavati Private Game Reserve in eastern South Africa, but are more commonly found in captivity, where breeders deliberately select them.  The unusual cream color of their coat is due to a recessive gene.  Reportedly, they  have been bred in camps in South Africa for use as trophies to be killed during canned hunts. Confirmation of the existence of white lions only came in the late twentieth century. For hundreds of years prior, the white lion had been thought to be a figment of legend circulating in South Africa, the white pelage of the animal said to represent the goodness in all creatures.  Sightings were first reported in the early 1900s, and continued, infrequently, for almost fifty years, until, in 1975, a litter of white lion cubs was found at Timbavati Game Reserve.

1 comment:

  1. So nice to hear of someone else who has had or have dreams of the white lions. They have appeared in my dreams as well, and lately, in my subconscious; usually when there is guidance to be taken.

    ReplyDelete